Monday, February 22, 2010

Deficio -ere -feci -fectus--be lacking, missing


It's really difficult to schlep these huge Index ledgers to the copy machine and get the part that's nearest the binding, but Lynne managed to get most of the photo of the Latin contest winners of 1954. Valerie K, Latin II, came home with a 2nd, and Nelson P. and Neal J. got a lst and 2nd for Latin I at the Sectional Latin Contest at Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, Illinois in 1954. Evan Kinsley, the principal, taught Latin. He had a B.A. from Manchester College and a Master's from the University of Wisconsin. Lynne recalls that a few in the class transferred to Home Economics, but that even a few weeks or a year were useful. I know that I always used my Latin and typing in any job, clerical or professional--the two most useful courses I took at MMHS.

No comments: