Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Fall Get Together Being Planned for Class

The class of 57 is planning to get together for lunch on Friday, October 8, 2010 at the Pinecricker Restaurant in Polo, Illinois at 11:30. Spouses or special friend are welcome, too. If you're in the area, join the group at 124 E Mason, the main drag. In case it's been a long time since you've been to Polo, here's our own GPS system (Lynne): "You can get to Polo via 9 curves road AKA Pines blacktop or by going east west out of Mt. Morris on Hwy 64 to the 8 mile and turning left on Hwy 26 into Polo." Or, as everyone says, "You can't miss it!"


A note from Norma to visitors here: Pine Creek which meanders through the hilly area between Polo and Oregon, Illinois, and through the White Pines State Park, was created from small, natural springs. There is a Pine Creek Township in Ogle County and people who live in that area are called Pine Creekers. My grandparents raised their large family there in the 1920s and 1930s. For some midwesterners of that region who were transplants from Tennessee, a Creek is a Crick, as in "Lord willing and the crick don't rise."

Another note, this one from Bob C.: "You drive west out of Mt. Morris, Norma, not east." I've always been directionally challenged and have to look at my wedding ring to figure out left from right, so I didn't even notice the problem!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone got there already...check out the guy/gal in the red shirt and black shorts...way to go...

Anonymous said...

The east-west confusion came from me. Not Norma...I don't know east from left,right to left or up from down-I admit it! Kids if you remember I was never the brights blub in the box...nothing has changed.I'm a dumb hobknocker and darn proud of it.

Anonymous said...

Kids?

Anonymous said...

raTo me they will always be the "Kids" I went through school with-Got a problem with that? Kids, Gang,chums,buddies pals,friends,classmates. It is a way of speaking-you must have been feeling terribly old when you wrote that. For those of us who remain young at heart would find no problems with the endearing term of "kids" when speaking of our 70 something friends. Why is there always someone, somewhere that is a critic. I give up. I will comment no more ever on this site and let you cynics do the comments,hereforth. and I repeat I was never the brightest of the bunch surely you can cut the dumb-butt some slack.

Norma said...

I'm with you. My friends are still called girls by me. My dad said when he was a kid everyone over 25 was old. But you should see the stuff I clean off--most makes no sense at all. Seems to happen more at this blog although we don't have the spam and sock puppets that most sites get. Relax. It's the internet--you know, diversity, global, digital, etc.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Hey kids, quit fussing over nuttin!

Norma said...

You're older, so I suppose we'll have to listen to you.