Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scarce as hen's teeth

Did your parents ever say that? Well, the original Mount Morris Past and Present is scarce as hen's teeth, but I found a scanned copy on the internet while looking up something else. Here's the link. You click on the picture at the top hand left column and start turning the pages with the little arrows in the right hand column. It's scanned and very easy to use (easier than the copy on Google because you can turn the pages). I have the photocopy of the 2nd ed. (gift of my parents) that was sold by the public library, and recently looked through the 1st edition at the home of a relative. Anyway, although a lot of the text of the 1st ed. is used in the 2nd ed., a lot was also dropped, including photos of the campus buildings. After all, they had a lot more information and names to include 30 years later, and probably had a page limit to keep costs down. Any way, take a look. When I was a kid I spent hours browsing the two Mount Morris Past and Present titles. It was fun to find it again on the internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of the last things my siser,Genie did before retiring was arrange a tour of the printing plant AKA Kable Printing for Joan Kable and a granddaughter...they were in town passing trough and wanted to see the plant,altho so changed,one more time.The granddaughter seems so interested,asked questions and Genie showed her the office copy of Past and Present. I was surprised to learn they did not have a copy. Genie sent them to our library to seek a copy of their own. We do not know if they were successful. I remember running around with Judy and visiting that home with the man-made lake and beach...she moved and I lost track...

Anonymous said...

Norma, My name is Lori Mayo, my dad was Carl Mayo! I was reading about my Aunt Libby and found out that you must have known this family? My Uncle Johnny Mayo passed away the end of February! I miss him so much!!! Please email me anyone that knew this family.

I really look forward to hearing from you!! Thanks for all of your help!!

[Contact Norma for Lori's e-mail]

Fish-2 said...

Thanks for stopping by Norma. I don't do a blog for the class of '57, but I put out an enewsletter five days a week for the alumni of my used to be school. My home town and two neighboring towns created a combined high school in 1975, so the class of 75 was the last graduating class from my high school. We're not scarce as hen's teeth yet, but with each passing year there are less alumni.