Sunday, September 27, 2009

Found! Another 8th grade trip photo


Nancy S. has found and scanned another photo from our wonderful 8th grade trip to Chicago. What I remember about the Spring of 1953 is that it was time to shop for "big girl" clothes. We had graduation, the trip to Chicago, and the Lutherans had confirmation. Our mothers must have gone crazy! Here's Nancy and Bonnie W. in their new duds for the trip. Nancy had to remind me that the dog collar around her ankle meant she had a steady boyfriend. I don't remember that fad, but am taking her word for it. Here are some other photos of that trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is Shirly Reed in the background. I wonder what happened to her.

I too, had forgotten the dog collar thing. But in 8th grade i pretty much held up the wall anyway.

Cute picture.