Monday, April 05, 2010

If you think we looked young in 1957 . . .

Take a look at 1954! A big shout out for Lynne and Nancy scouring the Index archives. Click to enlarge and read the names. But I'll bet you'd know Bob C. and Phil E. anywhere! And isn't #34 our president?




According to the 1955 Mounder, football practice began August 30, 1954. The Freshman-Sophomore squad had a 4-1-1-record, displaying great promise for the future varsity. That was a pretty good prediction, because in the fall of 1955, the Mounders were undefeated with a few blood baths, 32-0 over Lanark, and 52-0 over Milledgeville.

7 comments:

Mike and Judy said...

Love these pictures! That F-S team was such a group of savage beasts that it was amazing that anybody beat us. The only loss was to the cheerleaders in a practice game as I remember. Mike B

Mike and Judy said...

Number 34 doesn't look anything like Obama!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing but did not because our web master for this wonderful 1957 site gets a little more than testy when you mention Obama!This last election put a strain on our 50 plus year friendship to say the least....but we managed...elections come and go friends do not.
Lynne

Norma said...

I think Ike was President before Mike, but that's the last one.

Mike and Judy said...

I'm glad that something I said didn't ruffle any feathers. I'd hate to cause any friction in a 50yr friendship. I love you both.

g\ said...

what a good style pictures !

louis vuitton said...

oh my friend you look like so tire !
come on !